Sunday, June 10, 2007

Prayer for Little Gabe

First of all thank you all again for all your prayers for Coleman, she is doing great! Meghan and I were talking last night about how funny it is that we are surprised at how well she is doing, we should have known she would do great with all the folks who have been interceding on our behalf. God is so faithful!
This morning I popped into the Chapel service at our church just as they were singing How Great Thou Art, and I couldn't help but raise my hands and sing out because God is GREAT and worthy of our praise!
I'm asking that you would continue to pray for baby Chester who is still in the hospital, but as of last Thursday when we talked with his family he was doing really well, please keep them in your prayers. Also Little Gabe - I'm going to attach a message from Gabe's mom and ask that you would continue to pray for them.
Gabe is doing great. His heart biopsy went well and they haven’t gotten the results back yet but they don’t expect them to be anything but good. He has been a little more restless than normal so please pray for him to be comfortable and peaceful. All in all he has done much better than the average transplant recipient. Everyone is quite amazed at how well he’s doing.
I think it’s amazing what God can do when you asked him to take over and really mean it! I can tell you first hand that at first that was extremely difficult but as we kept praying the prayer for God’s plan not ours it’s amazing how much peace you get. Honestly, I do realize that it is much easier because everything has gone so well but we are sure that his plan is much better than ours even if it doesn’t look that way too us at first. Believe me, I don’t say that flippantly. I see so many people so very worried about their children and I try so hard to find the right time to minister to them and tell them why it is that we are at peace and not worried. Sometimes I question myself and say “why aren’t you more concerned or nervous?” “Am I not as caring as these other people?” That’s when God gently reminds me that he IS in CONTROL, Thank God, and I chill out! It’s amazing how God puts you in situations that you can’t control so you understand that giving it to him is what you should have done in the first place. There really is peace with that decision.
Bruce and I are so far from perfect and we sometimes wonder why God chose us for this special task. Sometimes we are bewildered and sometimes we are humbled but we always come back to the understanding that we are truly blessed to be allowed to be Gabe’s parents and be blessed to have him with us a long as God wants him to be here. God is the miracle worker and he can perform miracles so that we have Gabe longer than most people would expect. At this point we are thankful for tomorrow.
The feeling that we have knowing that so many people are praying for Gabe is impossible to put into words that do it justice. We will again just say thank you and God bless you.

These are both great families and Meghan and I are blessed to have met them.
We love you all and thank you again for your prayers!
IN HIS LOVING ARMS
Scott

1 comment:

Super Rog said...

Daddy God.

Both Chester and Gabe have the full potential to be mighy men of God when they grow up. Glorify Yourself in their lives and the lives of their familes Lord.

Heal them Lord.

O' Lord my God
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all, the worlds Thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
And see Thy power throughout the universe displayed

Then sings my soul
My Saviour God to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art

Then sings my soul
My Saviour God to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art

In Jesus Name, Amen [so be it]