Friday, June 1, 2007

First Feeding since surgery

God is so good to us! You will read shortly Meghan's first posting on the situation. I just read the draft and I don't know why I have been doing all the writing, she would have done a much better job.
Anyway, I don't want to give it away, so I'll tell you what I wanted to say so she can finish her post. Coleman is awake and doing well and when we went in to she her the nurse said she tied to feed her but Coleman didn't seem to want it. We forgot to tell her that Coleman is pretty picky about who feeds her sometimes. So I got to feed my little princess. She did really well and as far as I know she has kept it down. After eating she fell asleep so we returned to the waiting room.
We will go down again soon and see her and I will give you another update. In the mean time I'm going to get Meghan to finish her post and I know you will be blessed by it. I was moved by her post and fell in love with her all over again.
I do have to share this... before Coleman's surgery Meghan said to me, (and I'm paraphrasing) The day of surgery should be the best day of our lives. Not getting what she meant she explained, with all the people praying for Coleman and us, it should be the best day. I have to say, May 30th was one of the top days of my life. I saw God working wonders with his Peace, His healing hands, and the love that everyone poured out on us.
Talk with you again soon
Scott

No comments: