Friday, June 1, 2007

June 1st Update on Coleman

We just went in to see Coleman and she had her eyes open. That is the first I have really seen them open since she has been out of surgery and I have missed those beautiful eyes.
Again they are talking about taking her off the ventilator (I know they have been saying that for the past 24 hours). They are giving her a "water pill" because of some fluid build up around the lungs. This is something she had before going into surgery and since the body has to learn how to pump blood with a repaired heart they want to make sure all the fluid is gone from the lungs. The nurse was really great at explaining everything (I think I need her to come blog for me) and she was very pleased with all of Coleman's developments. She has been around Coleman since she entered the PCICU.
Please pray that everything goes well today so they can get Coleman off the ventilator so we can see her beautiful smile, that is the other thing I am missing.
I'm heading home to play with the boys and will be there till nap time (good planning, dad gets to put them down for a nap and just maybe he will fall asleep too).
Love to all
Scott

2 comments:

Ann said...

Prayed this morning- will be praying through the day!

Thanks for your prayers, too! Will update on my interview later...

God is good, ALL the time!!!

Anonymous said...

Our prayer today includes "Thank you God for lending us you as you demonstrate His perfect gifts of the Holy Spirit"
Huge Blessings,
The Schone's