Thursday, April 3, 2008

Update on the Kinney Fam!

As you know I have the best job in the world, I LOVE WHAT I DO! But even though I love what I do, it doesn't mean that my job doesn't come with some stress from time to time. This week stress is an understatement. I have taken on some new responsibilities at work and until I get the hang of them there is going to be some level of stress added with the extra work. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I see the light, it's just getting to that light that has been the challenge. I'm also the type of person that when I stress I don't sleep well. I'm constantly in work mode and always thinking what the next work day will look like, thus losing sleep.
On top of work stresses we have had some sickness in our house. A couple of weeks ago both the boys had strep throat and Coleman has been teething (five teeth at one time - her poor parents). Last Saturday morning we took her to the ER because she was having difficulty breathing, due to congestion. Since she had pneumonia last year at this time, we didn't want to take any chances. By the time we got to the ER she was talking and making all kinds of sounds. Coleman was diagnosed with croup. They gave her some meds and we headed home.
After returning home for the ER, Meghan went to the doctor to find out that she had strep throat. As if all the morning sickness she's had the last 9 weeks wasn't bad enough. Yep morning sickness as in pregnant...you read correctly, the Kinney's are expecting again - November 3rd. Don't worry, it's okay to laugh, we laughed too when we found out. And yes we know what is causing it but for some reason God wanted us to have this precious child. Without going into details all I will say is Meghan only has one fallopian tube and the box said 99.8% effective.
Since the shock has worn off we can say we are excited about the upcoming arrival of Drayton Issac (meaning laughter) or Drayton Elizabeth (favorite Jane Austen character) this fall. We ask that you would keep us in your prayers as we prepare for the new arrival and we will keep you posted on all the cool and exciting things God is doing in our lives at this time.
I do have to say that the night we found out I struggled with the idea of having another child, not because I didn't want one, but because I wasn't sure where we were going to put one. (no comments Lori) 1,000 square feet only holds so much and so many. But God already is working that out and we will fill you in more on that as it progresses. The one big thing we are learning is that God is in control and we need to trust Him.

5 comments:

Lori Fitzgerald said...

Sorry - I have to comment! - you can put TWO in one crib!!!

Seriously - I'm so excited for you guys - God keeps giving you blessings because you're great parents

Cindy and the Wards said...

Congratulations!!!!

and get some sleep Scott!

Jennie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!! We will be praying for a healthy pregnancy!!! Yeah...God is so good!!

The Gotbeters said...

Have I told you how thrilled we are for you all? God is so good!

Super Rog said...

Ideas for where to put the new Kinny Kid[s].

1. The big boys can share a bed.
2. Hammocks
3. Ask Cooper...He the boss.
4. Move into the church
5. In the words of John Denver "Grandma's Featherbed"