Sunday, April 20, 2008

Creation vs. Evolution

Well, our little Einstein has done it again. He, Tradd, is voraciously eating up any info. I can give him on evolution. At the same time, his favorite book for me to read is the Bible so I figure he's definitely coming out on the side of creation right? Wrong! Well, at least he says he believes in Evolution. I think it's the typical pastors kid not wanting to believe what he knows his parents believe. Every time he talks about believing in evolution I tell him that's his choice but that mommy and daddy believe the Bible is the truth and it just makes the most sense. It's kind of like the whole Halloween thing. He would say that he doesn't like Halloween but that when he grows up he'll celebrate Halloween. I figure he's looking for a reaction so I tell him that's his choice but for now we don't participate. I will say one thing, these issues have caused me to pray much more for the kids. I love that he seeks information and that he seems to do it equally about God and evolution. He's such a compliant kid so it's disheartening that he seems to be using these things to assert his will and rebel a little. This could be a great thing as he grows up and hopefully stops playing this game and works out his faith. He could become a great apologist. But, he's certainly going to keep me on my knees (which is where I should be anyway, huh?).

Cooper, being quite the little competitor, has learned how to pump on the swings and he's very good. He's been doing it for a few months and he can't stand it when Tradd says he's swinging higher than Cooper. And oh does he strut like a peacock when he catches a bug or caterpillar or something and his brother doesn't have one. These two are pretty competitive!

And for the princess: she's sleeping through the night again now that she's cut 6 top teeth and no longer has any infections such as croup or pneumonia. She's crawling much more efficiently and is into everything. She looooooves to try and stand on her own and let go of things. She is getting better at it too.

Last but not least, baby Drayton is still wreaking havoc on my days. I actually had 5 days in a row last week where I felt my old self with no nausea. Then it came back with a vengeance. Anyway, I guess I'm about 12 weeks and I have an OB appointment next Friday. I think they're going to try and hear Drayton's heartbeat. I think I'm still in shock that we're back to this again! The consensus in the house is pretty much that Drayton should be a girl. Everyone seems to have their own reasons but I think Coleman and Drayton would be best buds and I just can't stand to have all these beautiful dresses not be worn by another Kinney baby. Imagine the competition in this house if Drayton is a boy!? Tradd is so sweet. He rubs my belly when I'm feeling sick.

Well, this has taken me an hour to write because I keep getting interrupted. I'm not much of a creative writer with this much interruption topped off by baby brain. So, although it lacked a bit of writing `color', there's the Kinney Kids update. Will be getting my hair cut tomorrow. Should be a dramatic difference. Will try to do before and after pics. Yea!!

2 comments:

Super Rog said...

Even if it is a boy is no reason not to recycle the dresses. My parents did it to me and my older sister and I turned out just fine.

Now someone please find me a girlfriend and while you're at it...STOP THE VOICES!!!

The Gotbeters said...

Oh Meghan I am so sorry that you are sick...I was soo sick with Thomas and West, I remember..Have you looked into some zofran it is a rx medicaine for nausea that works really well.. Everybody sounds like they are doing well! What a smart assertive little guy Tradd is..I can only imagine what God has in store for him! For them all for that matter!