Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Cooper Story

The other night, when it was time for bed, I told the boys to go to the bathroom. In the process Cooper ended up peeing on his underwear. It upset him when I told him he had to change them, they were one of his two favorite pairs. He asked if he could wear his other favorite pair, which happened to be in the dryer and not yet dry. After trying to explain the whole laundry system to a 3 year old we had melt down. He just didn't want to wear the underwear I picked out, he wanted his favorite pair. I told him that he was not the boss, daddy was and that he needed to put the underwear on and head to bed. After some pretty heavy persuading we made it to the bedroom. While I was reading to Tradd, Cooper kept pushing me with his feet telling me to get off his bed. So when it came time for lights out I did what any father would do - I made him more upset at me by laying down on his bed with him. He pushed and kicked saying "get out of my bed daddy, I don't like you." When I told him I would not get out of his bed he rolled over in a huff away from me. When it was time for me to leave the room, I stood up and told both the boys I loved them and started out the door. Cooper stopped me and in a very sweet voice called out "Daddy".
Expecting to hear "I Sorry" or "I love you" I asked "What is it Cooper?" To which he replied...
"I THE BOSS" and rolled over away from me.
It was as if he waited to get the last word in. He's lucky he's so cute!

5 comments:

Lori Fitzgerald said...

I guess he showed YOU

Anonymous said...

Cooper we love you! Now Daddy, why would you aggravate him by staying in his bed? I guess he did get the last word.
We love you all! So glad everyone is feeling better. I knew all those prayers for everyone would be answered. Have fun this week end.
Love, Nana

Super Rog said...

and my neice's nick name is Bossy Boots.

McCaffrey Family said...

We are still laughing about this one!! You just have to love him! I would say he is one ahead of you, he gotcha!! Love to ALL, Aunt Karen

Amber said...

Just Like His Daddy!