Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Swimming Lessons

Tradd is taking swimming lessons. We signed him up with his friend KateLynn (shown in the picture with Tradd). However KateLynn had already taken the first class earlier this year so she was now in class two and Tradd was in class one. After the first day, Tradd was excited. When I came home from work he couldn't wait to tell me about swimming lessons. After the second day, when I was putting him to bed, he told me he didn't want to go back. So I played the good dad and said "why not?" (I was actually thinking, "You don't have a choice, we paid for it and you will enjoy it). He said that he didn't like it when he got out of the water because he was cold. Now remember we live in SC and it is July and the real-feel temps have been over 100, but he was cold. I figured there was more and tried to get it out of him but he stuck to his story. That was Tuesday night and after Wednesday's class he still felt the same way, but this time he told me he wanted to be in KateLynn's class. Well Thursday he got his wish, KateLynn's teacher, Courtney, took him into her class which changed Tradd's whole outlook on swim lessons. He was so excited to be in Ms. Courtney's class, by the way, Ms. Courtney is a blonde high school (or college) student. Tradd has something for blonde's. When he was about two we were eating out and our waitress was a young blond girl. When she came to take our order Tradd chimed in real quick like; "You're Pretty". We had pretty good service that night!

So all weekend long Tradd asked if he could go to swim lessons (which are only Monday - Friday). Yesterday swim lessons started back up again but to Tradd's disappointment Courtney was not there, but not to worry, there was another blonde in her place and Tradd was content, however today Courtney was back and Tradd was overjoyed. I believe he has a little crush on Courtney. We are going to get a picture of the two of them together so we can show it to him later in life.

He's a piece of work, but we love him anyway!


5 comments:

Lori Fitzgerald said...

Love the new look - very nicely done! And you're right, Tradd is quite a pistol. I'm reminded of the time I watched your boys for a couple of hours and we spent the evening watching "Finding Nemo." Tradd spent the entire movie saying "What's that?" every 2 seconds. And being the highly trained mother that I am, I felt compelled to try to answer him every single time. After about 30 minutes of me saying, "Oh, that's a shark, oh, that's a sea anemome, oh, that's my brain slipping out of my ears" I realized he was just messing with me. I love that kid!

Super Rog said...

Dang. With those skills Tradd's going to get a girlfriend before I do.

Anonymous said...

Well, we know Tradd takes after his father. You nearly fell down the steps to JCPenney's when you were about his age watching a girl. She was probably blonde, too. Good thing your Dad caught you!
They will have girls hanging all over them in time. They are such cuties....not that I am prejudice.
Love Ya,
Mom

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.

web design, website design said...

Based in Singapore, Hong Kong, China since 2005, BackZtage Media is a leading Ecommerce & Corporate Website Design and Interactive Digital Marketing agency with an extensive range of services.