Monday, July 9, 2007

Vacation Bible School and more...

Good Morning! I have an early start to my day today, because it's the first day of Vacation Bible School. As stressful and time consuming it is to pull off a VBS, and any of you who have ever been involved with putting together a VBS (of any size) knows this, I'm really looking forward to it. Now you won't normally find me writing about my work on this blog, because it is for my family, not my job, but I have to let you know that I have the best job and team ever. For those of you who might be reading this and don't know, I am the children's minister for our church. I have a great staff and they work extremely hard. Usually things slow down for folks in the summer, but our activities pick up. We have four different activities going on this summer for kids from 3 1/2 years - 5th grade. As Meghan recently wrote we just had our camp and that was AWESOME. Throughout the summer we have been doing what we call "Sonshine" which is basically a story time for our preschoolers. And today we kick off two big programs, VBS which we are doing "Take the Plunge" where we will teach kids to Plunge into Obedience, courage, faith, worship and service. We will end the week with a family fun day at one of the water parks down here. We also have a great program lined up for our 3rd, 4th and 5th graders called Nerve 2 Serve Missions Week where we will teach kids how to serve in the church, the community and around the world. I am really excited about all of the programs and ask if you would join me in praying for all those whose lives will be affected by these programs. Not just the kids but the leaders, and the staff, the community and the world.
Thanks for praying and may God bless each of you!

In Him,
Scott

PS. stay tuned for an up date on Coleman and pictures of the kids

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss VBS. Lots of good songs and cool crafts made with popsicle sticks and paper plates. Good times.

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.

web design, website design said...

Based in Singapore, Hong Kong, China since 2005, BackZtage Media is a leading Ecommerce & Corporate Website Design and Interactive Digital Marketing agency with an extensive range of services.