Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th 2007


Hey everyone, sorry it has taken me so long to write again. Thanks so much for your prayers while I was at camp. We had a great time and all the kids and leaders returned home in one piece.

Our Mission focus for the week at camp was on the Roma people, the gypsies of Romania and surrounding areas. Anyway, this was something near and dear to me because for our one year anniversary, Meghan and I got to spend a month in Romania with our missionary friend Michelle. I fell in love with a lot of the folks we worked with and the area. Anyway it got me thinking about the oppression they are under as a country and the way a lot of them live. And I was just in AWE of God that he would allow me to be born in America. If you stop and think about it, any one of us could have been born anywhere in this world, at any time in history. Then I started thinking about today, the day we gather together with family and friends to have parades, picnics and parties, then we pile in cars, fill up parks and watch fireworks...but it is WAY much more than that. I want my children growing up to know that today is more than July 4th, today is Independence Day! I want them to understand and respect all those things so many of us take for granted. Especially our freedom to worship God where, when and how we want. Meghan and I have been so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who have or are currently serving in the military and I appreciate them so much for giving me my freedom and for keeping us a free country.

So today, when you are out having fun with your family, or tonight while you watch the fireworks light up the sky stop and think about this... you could have been born in a third world country somewhere instead of in America, then take a minute to say thank you to God, and to a veteran and a service man or women.

I leave you with the words from Lee Greenwood:


"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free


And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me


And I proudly stand up next to you and defend her still today


Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land


GOD BLESS THE USA!"




2 comments:

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.

web design, website design said...

Based in Singapore, Hong Kong, China since 2005, BackZtage Media is a leading Ecommerce & Corporate Website Design and Interactive Digital Marketing agency with an extensive range of services.