Sunday, March 23, 2008

God's Easter gift to me

For the last 7 years (pretty sure every year since we moved into this house) when I get into the car on Easter Sunday, no matter what service I attend on this special day, I get blessed with the old song from Don Francisco "He's alive!" The words of the song tell the story and it all builds to the chorus basically I think from Peter's perspective when he proclaims "He's alive!" I'm all ready for church, even have makeup on my eyes, and I end up crying like a baby. I literally blubber and can't even sing the greatest, most important words of the song. "He's alive! He's alive! He's alive and I'm forgiven Heaven's gates are open wide!" That pretty much sums up Easter and Christianity. Even more though, he was dead (because of our sins) and now he's alive!!! Whew!! I've spent most of the day wiping away tears of joy and overwhelming blessing!!!!!!! Jesus is Risen!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Now I am going to have to find that song!!!..not sure I know it.Happy Easter Kinneys!

Super Rog said...

Oh man. I missed someone doing that song. I love it.