Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I actually laid on the bed watching some Oprah today. Her show is not usually my favorite thing to watch. But, what a neat show it was. They talked about and with these children and their families who have overcome incredible situations or medical issues. It was a real celebration of life!! This show really emphasized the significance of each life and just how cherished life is. Strangely, I couldn't walk away from that show without feeling so much grief over the issue of abortion. How do we celebrate life in one instance and destroy it in another? I really wish I could be on Oprah's after-show and make this statement. I just don't think that people see these issues as the same or even related but they are!! What if the parents that had the conjoined twins aborted them when they found out they were conjoined? These parents certainly wouldn't have been sharing an awe-inspiring story with the nation on Oprah's show! I know that part of the abortion issue comes down to the argument about "when does life start?" Well, I'm sorry to say that I think it ignorance that some don't believe it's a life until completely out of the womb and breathing on it's own. This little girl inside me would argue that as well as she's trying to kick her way straight out my belly button as I type this!

Well, I keep thinking about this election and unfortunately I can't get past this one issue, especially when it seems that this genocide we call abortion will get waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy worse if the nation votes one way and probably somewhat better if the nation votes the other way. (I've been doing my homework and I have educated myself on what each candidate's stance on this topic is so please don't think I'm being partisan!!) For a wonderfully well-written document that reveals exactly why abortion would get worse given the election of one of the candidates, go to http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000008450.cfm.

Thanks Oprah, for reminding us how cherished and significant life is! (Here's a link to an inspiration message regarding life; http://www.catholicvote.com/)

5 comments:

The Gotbeters said...

You are a great writer. Thank you for sharing your heart tonight:) Cant wait to meet this sweet baby girl!

Anonymous said...

When voting think about this; what matters more Money or Morals?

web design, website design said...

Based in Singapore, Hong Kong, China since 2005, BackZtage Media is a leading Ecommerce & Corporate Website Design and Interactive Digital Marketing agency with an extensive range of services.

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.