Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update on Hunter, my cousin's son.

Amber Faust sent the following email regarding Hunter's surgery and then a follow-up:

We went today to see Hunter's surgeon. The surgery is scheduled for July 17th. He will be in the Pediatric ICU for two days after the surgery and then in a regular room for three days following. This is God allowing there are no problems. I will be stay in the Ronald McDonald House while he is in the hospital. While he is in the ICU I can go to see him, but they ask that the visits are kept brief. So I'm sure I will be making brief visits every hour on the hour. I can stay in his room with him after he goes into a regular room. I haven't been away from Hunter overnight more than twice since he's been born. The surgeon was extremely nice. I asked what kind of care he should receive once we go home. He told me that there is no way to keep him from his regular behavior, all I have to do is not pick him up from under his arms. He will continue to see his cardiologist for several years after the surgery. I thank you all for your prayers for my family. We certainly need them.Sincerely,Amber M. Faust

No comments: