Thursday, May 31, 2007

First Night After Surgery

First of all I want to say sorry for not updating sooner, the computer room gets locked at 4:30 pm so I can't blog in the hospital after that time.
Meghan and I spent the night down here at the hospital last night or I would have gone home and blogged.
Coleman is doing well, she is still on the breathing machine at this time. The doctors were hoping to get her off the breathing machine last night but she did not wake up enough or was alert enough for them to do it. They will try this morning. So please pray that she will become alert and be breathing on her own so they can get her off the ventilator.
She looks really good, even though she has all kinds of wires and tubes coming out of her. We have been blessed with two wonderful nurses who have been watching over her and caring for her.
And as Coleman showed us when she was in the hospital back in April, no matter how well they keep her hands covered she will find a way to pull out something. Last night it was her IV port that she will be using when she leaves PCICU and goes up to the 7th floor. At least it wasn't something that was pumping in, or pumping out fluids.
We ask that you would just continue to pray for complete healing for Coleman and rest and peace for the family.
I also would like to ask you to pray for two other families we have met here. One is a baby boy and his family. The boy, "Chet" was born on Monday and is actually in surgery at this time to repair the left side of his heart that did not develop correctly. Please keep all of them in your prayers.
Also pray for the family of a loved one who passed away early this morning. We met this family (and I mean the whole family was there to support each other, about 25 of them) in the ICU waiting room last night. The young man was in an accident about a week ago but never recovered. The neat thing (if that is appropriate to say at a time like this) is that the man who passed, his family had his organ's donated and a family friend received a kidney. So please keep all those involved in your prayers.
Meghan and I know the power of prayer and we know that you are some great prayer warriors. WE felt God's peace all day yesterday and His loving arms around us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, and our prayer is that God would reward you for your faithfulness and dedication to Coleman and us.
You all have blown us away with the comments you have posted on the blog. They are so supportive and encouraging.
In His Loving Arms,
Scott and Meghan

11 comments:

Chanler Moore said...

Mr. Scott and Ms. Meghan, I'm glad that Coleman's surgery went well. I will continue to keep Coleman and the rest of your family in my prayers and I'll pray an extra special prayer that Coleman gets off the breathing machine soon.

Anonymous said...

God does did good work! I praise him for your love and support for you little daughter and for the skill of the medical team at the hospital

As a Early Intervention teacher for a long time I know all little children can show us ingredible spirit in the face of challenges.

You are in my prayers for strength and healing. Love, Anna Kashner, FEBC back in Bloomsburg.

Anonymous said...

God is amazing! Your faithfulness is also an example to SO many people! We will keep praying constantly!!!
Jennie Elverum

Anonymous said...

Scott and Meghan,
Our God is the beginning and the end, the first and the last, all knowing, powerful and the great I am. You two know Him and share Him. Because of this, it us and all who surround you that are blessed. Continuing with you in Him,
Larry and Colleen

Wendy said...

Thank you so much guys for the update! I am so glad she is doing well! I know this sounds weird (well maybe not coming from me) but take pictures of Coleman while there in the hospital. You will be glad you did one day. I am very glad I did and have to look at them from time to time to remind me how far we have come. It will help out later. William likes to look at them too! Wendy

Lori Fitzgerald said...

I agree with Wendy - I have pictures of Sean and I cherish them because they remind me how faithful God was throughout our whole ordeal with him. It's part of her story - it should be celebrated. God is so good!

You have been in our prayers constantly. This morning when I went to see Adam, the first thing he asked me was how is Coleman doing - which was amazing, since yesterday he was so heavily medicated he couldn't form a sentence.

Keep on posting the updates - they are a great lifeline to those of out here waiting for updates!

David Ramage said...

Scott and Meghan, I'm so glad the surgery went well and look forward to hearing that Coleman is breathing on her own. God's Speed! Thanks for the phone call Meghan. God bless you with supernatural strength! He will lift you up on eagle's wings.

David

Anonymous said...

Our team here is praying for Coleman's healing and continued strength for you and Meghan. Praise God for such an incredible medical team...it shows once again that God's plan is a flawless one!
Thank you for your witness to us through your faith. It is a MIGHTY one!!
Much love and hugs are being sent your way!!
Angela & Britton Avery

Anonymous said...

Scott and Meghan,
Thanks again for the update! The faith of your family is such a light in the darkness and God will use little Coleman and the rest of you to bring His hope to those around you! I do pray for Coleman to gain strength in her lungs and to be able to come off and stay off of the ventilator! I also pray for strength and peace for her Mommy and Daddy. If you guys need anything over the weekend, please let me know.
Love you all, Lorrie

Super Rog said...

I'm looking to hold this little sweetie one day.

Anonymous said...

Scott and Meghan,
We Love You GUY'S! God Bless You, and Keep You in Perfect Peace! May He show himself Faithful. And Thank You for showing yourselves faithful, even in the mist of this great life challenge. They overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of their Testimony! We agree in Prayer for God's work to be complete in Coleman!
And that she lacks nothing, and she recieves ALL that she has need of from Her Heavenly Father. We Love You..... Travis and Lori --T.J., Allie and Malorie