Monday, February 9, 2009

Bragging on Coleman!

What a doll baby she is! She was just sitting on my lap and while looking down at my pajama bottoms, she started making the sign for horse. I looked at her and then realized she saw the rodeo horses on my pj's!!! She is sooooooooooooooo observant!! She's also very good with her receptive language skills. Here are some examples: last night I told her it was night night time and that I would read a book and she picked up her cup and walked back to her room. If you ask if she's hungry she'll go to her chair and wait for you to put her in. Or you can tell her to go to her chair for something to eat and she'll do it. She also does little chores for me like throwing away a diaper or picking trash off the floor and throwing it away. I could go on and on but I have to take Scott to work. Coleman amazes me and blesses me each day! Do you know the statistic that 90% of children who are diagnosed with Down Syndrome via amniocentesis are aborted!!!!!!!!! That has got to change! I think that God may even use Coleman to be a spokesperson for these babies who have no voice. We'll see. Anyway, I can't imagine my life without her or her Down Syndrome!!!!

4 comments:

Forever Young said...

What a horrifying statistic! (another reason I hate all of the tests they try to force on you at the dr. when pregnant and of 'advanced maternal age'.) Your family is awesome in showing that Coleman is fearfully and wonderfully made in His image! She's beautiful!

McCaffrey Family said...

We are so proud to have Coleman in our family, heck whos kidding we are so proud to have all of them in our family. Each child brings something different and unique to this world. I never allowed them to do those tests because it didn't matter how or what my child would turn out as they weren't going anywhere the key word being MY CHILD. We love the whole bunch of you!! Hope Coleman is feeling better soon too!! Much Love

Super Rog said...

It's horrifying that all those would-be parents are missing the best hugs they'll ever have.

I will add my new favorite Princess Coleman story. Last Saturday at church I saw her walking w/ Scott. It's the first time I've seen her walk on her own. As the approached I got down and told her what a good girl she was for walking. SHE PUSHED ME OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

What a funny momment. I am so looking forward to my times w/ her in a few years. And I love it when she blows kisses.

Kinney grandparents said...

We've learned that Coleman is a very determined little girl. She will go far. She knows what she wants and how to get it. We love her to pieces.