Sunday, December 30, 2007

Yesterday I picked Tradd up from his classroom at church. He had colored a picture that the teacher told me was a dinosaur. I told Tradd I loved the colors he used and then I asked what kind of dinosaur it was. He thought for a minute and said "it's a Cooper-eater dinosaur." I laughed so hard I thought I'd drop Coleman!!!!!!!!!

By the way, if you're a control freak like me, have you ever tried playing Shutes and Ladders or Candy Land with two year old and four year old boys? Unbelievable experience in letting go. The board moves constantly so you have no idea where you're supposed to be because you're game pieces are never in their proper place. They want the slides down as much as the ladders up so they just put it there instead of counting and waiting turns. Tradd grumbled evertime he didn't get a picture in Candy Land and they didn't want to take their cards in an orderly fashion, they wanted to look through the pile and only draw the ones with pictures on them. I knew from the beginning it was going to be crazy so I just let it be but now I think all that tension of not having things go in an orderly fashion is all built up inside me. I wanted them to have a good experience without mommy getting impatient but now I think I've checked out altogether. You should see this house!!!!

6 comments:

Super Rog said...

Tradd just made Mr. Roger's day.

Thanks buddy. Now you're going to have to tell me how to become a ladies' man like you.

The Gotbeters said...

I am a super control freak and like everything just so..As soon as I get the train table just right or the books all in order, Thomas puts them his way, my children are def teaching me to go with the flow, or atleast try to!

Super Rog said...

I'm more like the kids. I grew up in a control freak family and now I almost like a "comfortable mess".

Amber said...

That's the joy of being a parent. You can try as hard as you'd like to play the games or sing the songs the way they are suposed to be done, but it's a lost cause.

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.

web design, website design said...

Based in Singapore, Hong Kong, China since 2005, BackZtage Media is a leading Ecommerce & Corporate Website Design and Interactive Digital Marketing agency with an extensive range of services.